Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sky Trump, Hippie Odyssey

Here are some pics from Tuesday. It's the still-under-construction Trump Tower. Apparently when it's complete, it will be the second tallest building in the country for like, 26 minutes (well, maybe a couple of years); that's when a couple of other taller buildings are scheduled to be finished. It's actually rather cool looking (and I'm not a big fan of a lot of these glass & steel behemoths), plus it replaces the hideously ugly Sun-Times building. So this is something I'd call "progress".




Hey, how about a Disturbing Clown picture?

WOW. Transporter malfunction, or what? Hmmm, yes -- They could remake THE FLY but instead of a fly, it's a wacky clown. You know those clowns: always up to some kind of hilarious shananigans!
OK, seriously now -- a while back, my supervisor at work was refering to the final day of service for a particular client; one of our guys would be making his "Last Trip" to the place. That phrase sounded like it could be the title of some late 1960s Hippie exploitation flick. I sat myself down and came up with this:

I can see Sgt. Joe Friday shaking his head and giving officer Bill Gannon a knowing look...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes - we all know how Friday and Gannon felt about those pot-smoking hippie types. Neglectfully letting their kids drown in the bathtub and such. By the way - nice blog.

Robolly said...

Thanks! Doing this blog has help me: improved my self-asteem, lose weight, develop six-pack abs, boost my I.Q. by 25%, and become completely delusional!