Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Mower For the Ages

I've been thinking about nostril hair. If one were to encourage extraordinary growth in one's nasal foliage, and then entwine these capillaceous outcroppings, one may find that such a commitment to an outre personal style might prove to be attractive in some quarters. Braided nose hair -- something to consider.

While on the subject of foliage, I am reminded that yet another lawn mowing season is upon us. At my home here at The Condo, I've been using an ancient Sears Craftsmen mower for the last fifteen seasons. The mower was found in the basement of a home my family moved into back in 1974 -- I've been pushing this mower for 34 years. I wonder just how long it was in use before I started using it?



Did you know that the first "lawn mower" was invented by English engineer Edwin Beard Budding in 1827? And did you know that in RABBIT OF SEVILLE, Bugs Bunny used a miniature lawn more to shave Elmer Fudd? -- Well you do now!!
Moving on to other matters, here are some nice shots of clouds, as seen from the Madison street bridge on Monday:



And finally, a little preview of things to come -- Once I figure out how to use some more of the blog tools:

1 comment:

seedoi said...

Like your vintage mower
bet with the high cost of gas a lot of folks wish they have one of those instead of a gas mower!