Thursday, June 12, 2008

Heavy Mental

Had some particular cartoons I was going to post today -- But, unfortunately, a while ago I decided I was going to get "organized" and put all my old cartoons in a place I can easily find them. So of course, I can't find them (they are here somewhere!). I did find some Post-It note doodles, though. Here are a couple that caught my eye:

This one I know was inspired by actual trips in downtown elevators. I'd noticed that people would press the "1" (lobby) button when they walked in the elevator, even though it was already lit up. I guess it's just some reflex. I thought: "What if there just happens to be a rather unbalanced individual in the elevator when someone does this?"

Now we have this little pencil drawing, which even has a some dialog. I don't know if it was supposed to be part of a bigger cartoon or what. But I like the way it looks.

How about some photos? Sure -- here are some pics I took on 7/7/07 mostly around Edgewater, and then up at Loyola University:









OK, and finally, we have a little bit of "humor" that may not be for the easily grossed-out.
On Wednesday, I'd emailed out an article about a fellow who had a nail in his brain. A fine young lady friend of mine suggested that Nail In The Brain would be a good name for a heavy-metal rock band. I resoponded with "So would Hammer Snot" (a name I'd used on a fake album cover cartoon some years back). She confirmed my conjecture. I thought I'd email the original cartoon to her, but alas, it's one that is in the "somewhere" limbo; so I decided to just draw a new one (in pencil), which I think is quite a bit better than the old one:


I've even come up with some pretentious album tracks:
Side A
1. The Dawn: Symphony of Battle
2. Vomit Fist
3. Carpet of Wolves, Sky of Knives
4. Taste of Triumph
Side B
1. Opus: Ballad of a Godling
In keeping with the nasal nature of the project, I thought maybe a track called Sneeze The Day would be nice, but that would be just plain silly!
Hey -- second day in a row I've got something related to noses -- maybe I've got a weird fixation or something.

1 comment:

Sarah Satrun said...

lol- i like the elevator guy