Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bang On, Monkey Clawed Harp!

We'll start out today with something I called WAY TOO SERIOUS. Of my comic feature ideas, this has been one of my favorites; with this format, I felt (or feel) pretty free to do whatever was in my head (well, at least free to try and pull off what was in my head). The cartoons in this series usually had A LOT of text (someone once said to me about one of these: "You know Rob, most novels only have 300 pages...").
As with most of my other feature ideas, I only made about two dozen samples. These I'd send out to newspaper syndicate editors for more of my prized rejection slips.
This particular entry was inspired by the mulitude of friends I have who prefer vinyl records to digital media. One should be able to click on the image and get a larger (and therefore readable) version up on screen:
Here are some more pics taken from the moving Union Pacific North Metra train. Does to be one of my favorite activities of late.




This is from the parking lot of my building at about 9:00 pm Monday night -- still a bit of sunlight could be seen...

No comments: