Sunday, June 8, 2008

Super Atomic

As stated in my first post, originally I was going to call this space "Jar of Spiders". That name came from a comic strip idea I had at the begining of this century: "Raymondo's Jar of Spiders" (and that name came from when I was 2 - 3 years old living in California; I had a neighbor who in fact had a jar of spiders). It is quite possible that the following cartoon contained my first utilization of the words "atomic" and "baffoonery" in the same sentence. It is also quite possible that it is the first time the phrase "Super Atomic Buffoonery" appeared in the history of the World. Wow!




Of course, this brings up the subject of clowns. I don't think I know anybody who find clowns to be inherently funny. Yes traditional clowns can be funny and talented, but that seems to be in spite of the make-up and costumes. Most people I know actually seem to find clowns creepy. About the only time I find the clowns funny is when they're purposely creepy and/or disturbing -- sort of "anti-clowns" (like the above).

No comments: