Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sploto and the Storm

Here, we have another installment of Custer Post-It Note Theater. We find that in his travels through time and space, the good general has landed in some sorry 90s sit-com.

On my journey to work Monday afternoon, I found the sky to particularly strange and cool looking -- and a little worrisome!
When I left work at about 8:00pm, the weather was definitely getting weirder. As I walked west on Madison towards the Metra station, the air was filled with a loud siren sound, the likes of which I'd never heard before; at first I thought it was some new kind of ambulance or fire-truck siren, but some of those sped by, yet the sound remained. The atomosphere was very eerie, like something out of a horror movie. I walked on. Well, it turns out the sound was a tornado warning (or something to that effect), and I did suddenly (like, REAL suddenly) find myself in the middle of some intense weather (felt like I was close to getting blown of the bridge as I crossed). Did get some interesting shots -- doesn't show the force of the wind or rain, though. The Metra trains were delayed for at least half an hour, waiting for the weather to clear up.
This pic, taken from the doorway of 2 n. Riverside, looks very much like ghostley creatures, no?


View from the pedestrian bridge over Canal street


And now, another in the classic series of Disturbing Clown drawings: CLOWNUS POMPADORUS. Enjoy.

No comments: