Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jam, Ice and C.H.U.D.

This Way Too Serious entry seems to be a fan favorite. Perhaps the character's over-thinking of such mundane task as purchasing a jar of jam reminds people of glorious joy that can be found in inconsequential...
(as usual left click to enlarge)

Spotted this Ice Truck in the neighborhood last Sunday
Reminded me that I'd seen an "Emergency" Ice Delivery Truck downtown a while back (5/2/05). I found the unusual dimensions of this particular truck quite interesting. The Penguin seems to be the universal symbol for Ice Delivery. Stand Proud, Penguin dude!

On my way to the neighborhood bank on Monday, I found that Clark Street was all blocked off (police cars and all), wondered what the trouble was, but it just turned out to be road constructiion...
... Or was it? -- The side walk was "under construction" too. A section had been removed revealing an underground vault of some kind. An officer here is investigating the scene. Hmmm -- Does the city have a new found C.H.U.D. problem? Or maybe a nest of Lovecraftian Ghouls has been uncovered. Morlocks?? Uh, oh... now Quatermass & the Pit comes to mind; I'm sure I will now have swarms of three-legged horned insectoid demons visiting my nightmares this evening...

No comments: