Sunday, August 31, 2008

Exuberant Trepidation

The other day as I waited for the commuter train, I heard a little kid exitedly say to her mother "The Train is coming! The Train is coming!"
I've now been riding the Metra train to work for 17 months now, and I must say, after the first month, I stopped jumping up and down and shrieking at it's arrival (these days, I limit myself to a single teardrop from the corner of my eye and a trembling sigh). Anyway, the exuberant moppet made me think of the suggestion that if one could view new things with the fresh wonderment of a child, one's outlook would be all so groovy. Of course, there is always this aspect of childhood...
****

The following pics were all taken with my first digital camera (a Canon Powershot A75), on 12/27/05:
construction site (through screen & fence) at Randolph & State

In the evening at Diversey & Levitt


And finally we have another illustration of young trepidation...

No comments: