Friday, August 1, 2008

dragging the internet, rain reigns

Oh, the horror...
That's how I felt when I found that my internet wasn't working. Checked the modem, and that wasn't the problem. Went out and checked the junction box, found a wasp nest in it, but that wasn't the problem (well, that's another problem). finally called the intenet provider, and after over an hour on hold, found they were the problem (server down) -- supposedly they should have had a pre-recorded message telling people what the problem was (thus saving the customer from having to sit on hold for... over...an... hour), but nobody set that up...
Anyway more fun on Thursday -- stepped out my door at 3pm to go to work, and found myself in a torrential downpour -- always good to spend the work day soaking wet (and I even had an umbrella)!


The rain was coming down so heavy and fast -- it was coming UP out of the sewer here at Ravenswood & Greenleaf


In the following cartoon, I'm sure anybody who would find themselves in this situation would probably be required to wear a tie at work

1 comment:

Timothy Ferguson said...

from my currert position in the depths of fishmongery, I must only say

A FUCKING MEN