Thursday, August 7, 2008

Brain at work, Drag Baby

This is a preliminary sketch for a card I did for one of my coworkers when I worked as a Reader at a Press Clipping Bureau years ago. It was a little inside joke about what the future of our jobs looked like.


Last year and earlier this year, some friends of mine performed at the Gallery Caberet here in Chicago. The lighting was very dark, so taking pics without a flash (my prefered method) was quite a challenge -- Even though I was surprised anything came out, I was very pleased with the results I got; some pics are among my favorites. I used "sepia tone" (hey, there's a name for a band!)and various ISOs, so got varying results.


Fronting her band, the Pralines, this is Pamela Richardson


A helping hand from Tim Ferguson of The Red Plastic Buddha


Earlier this year, The Red Plastic Buddha

( http://www.myspace.com/redplasticbuddha )


Back in the greeting card territory, this is an alternate (slightly) version of a card I gave to a friend on the occassion of her baby shower:

No comments: