Thursday, July 17, 2008

Through the Glass Fuzzy

Tuesday, while going through the old cartoons, dug up this:
This was inspired by some incident on an elevator some years back (not quite so extreme, though). Just put the cartoon aside for some future use. Well, coincidentally, on Wednesday, I had an odd little encounter on an elevator in the Sears Tower:
Just picked up some envelopes from a client on the 63rd floor. Unusual for that time of day, there was another person leaving the that office (usually in the evening, it's just me in the elevator). We got on the elevator together (me with my courier cart and all), and after the doors close, the guy says to me: "...So what is it you guys are doing that smells so bad?" I gave the guy a "Pardon Me??" look, and he continued "...it's like paint remover... or stripping wood...". I just gave him a puzzled "uhhhh...?" and wondered if my mouth wash just wasn't makin' it.
Finally, he noticed the envelopes in my cart, and said "oh -- your a messenger -- there's some work being done to the office -- I didn't mean to suggest you..."
Ha, ha, well that was a relief -- I didn't stink! Well, at least not like paint remover...

Pics taken through the rather dirty window of the Metra on a stormy day:







A Post-It from years past. Inspired by some sort of self-help "pleasing your inner child" kind of thing, I suppose.

No comments: