Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Propeller Beanie Wacker Geese

Here's a little something from 1998, Hmmm interesting; As was typical, I'm sure I was considering a change employment at the time...

This brings up an important question: Whither the Propeller Beanie?! A staple of modern Space-Age comedy, when an adult person wearing a propeller beanie appeared on screen (big or small), it would literally tap the Zeitgeist Bone of the Nation (or even the WORLD, and ......BEYOND...?); It commanded the instant reaction of "Hey, that guy's not right in the head -- but in a real zany way! Ha, Ha!!"


But, alas, I speak of the past.


Maybe I've not been looking in the right places, but I can't recall the last time I saw a new movie or TV show that had someone wearing a PB. In our mad quest for outragously insipid entertainment, have we lost something pure and magical? Has the propellor beanie gone the way of the diaper-clad, cigar-smoking, hack-coughing dwarf?

GEESE ON WACKER DRIVE!





Something I drew last Sunday for a friend of mine after we'd discussed parasols. Golly, I think it's darn whimsical:

No comments: