Friday, July 4, 2008

Worm Storm Toe Grinder

A Post-It note sketch of Hippie Werewolf vs Dr. Wormstorm.
Hippie Werewolf is another tireless defender of freedom. Dr. Wormstorm, the communist tool, has the ability to summon torrential fusillades of live worms, which he utilizes in his efforts against the west. HW is one of those modern super-heroes with internal conflicts: Does his defense of the American Way Of Life conflict with his Hippie Ideals??? Does he in fact have more in common with Commie super-villian Dr. Wormstorm??? And how does a werewolf battle a hurricane of worms???

The third photo I ever took using a digital camera (a Canon Powershot A75). Unfortunately, about 400 hundred of my first digital pics are not accessible 'cause the disc they're "saved" on can't be read!
When I got my first Digital Camera, I was still kind of treating it like a film camera: I worried about running out of "film" so didn't take that many pics. Now, I just snap away at will. Here are some shots from this week.
On Clark st. just south of the Loop
Outside of where I work
In Touhy Park in Rogers Park
As a kid, one of my character-building chores was to grind away the corns on my dad's toes with an electric device that had a vibrating abrasive disc at the end of it. During a conversation with my brother, I suggested that a hideous fate would be to end up living in a leaky tent with my dad, eternally fixing his toes with a Wind Up Toe-Corn Grinder...

2 comments:

seedoi said...

hey
i have the same typewriter! does your work?

Robolly said...

It works -- I don't have it anymore, though; I got the thing when helping a friend clear out his house of "old junk". I gave it to my supervisor at work, who actually uses the thing.