Friday, November 7, 2008

Bad Skit, Grain Rule

Did this one a while back -- I think what gave me the idea for this was seeing some dvds of musical variety shows from back in 60s & 70s -- good music, HORRIBLE comedy skits! I think the producers of some of these shows must have scoured the run-down theaters and coffee houses of San Francisco & New York looking for "Hip" young comedy troupes so they could put on a real "with it" show. Anyway, that's the kind of thing that made me think up this silly bit of business (Hey, man -- Tellin' It Like It IZZZ!!! (take that, Richard Nixon!)) -- Oh, and I wanted to draw a comic strip without straight cornered panels...
(as usual, left click on pic to enlarge)
Well, since that's a spoof of a stupid "skit", then it's ..um... funny, right?? Orrrr -- maybe it could be the beginning of a rebellion on Sesame Street...
*****
Some pics from Thursday

I used color on these two -- grainy yes (it was at high ISO), but interesting. I think grain can look really cool in B&W quite often. In this case, without the color, it was pretty hard to distingush the different objects

No comments: