Thursday, September 18, 2008

Battlin' Grease Monkey, Future Nostalgia

Been doodlin' up various street urchin types for use in a little cartoon to (hopefully) appear here soon. This feller looks a little too old for that (a former Street "Oychin" perhaps).
So what shall we make of him?? -- Ah, I know.... I'll call him Davey Sparks, and he can be:
A membah of J. Edguh's Grease-Monkey G-Squad, utilizin' his "ahtomobile smahts" tuh battle crime 'n' commies!
****
A photo of a microphone, just one part of last Saturday's Psychedelic Saturday at the Gallery Cabaret...
****

Here's something I dug up in a box:
It's a later entry in a comic strip I started back in 1981, I think. Original called ZIP YARMY, Later ZAP YARMY, and in this incarnation OTTO EVEN. the characters at this point were a couple of janitors in a Space Navy. This particular entry harks back to a time that does seem rather nostalgic.

No comments: