Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hack Track

On Friday, I was at the downtown Metra station, and figured it would be a good idea to add some cash to my CTA card, just in case I need to use a bus or Rapid Transit train. Just ahead of me at the CTA fare card machine, there was a rather scuzzy looking individual who, while stuffing bills in the pay slot, was literally coughing up a lung all over the machine (though he did seem to give special attention to the money slot). I got the impression that covering his mouth or redirecting his germs to a less public area were ideas completely alien to him.

I left the station without using (or getting near) the fare card machine.

1 comment:

hbrennan said...

Just think - he probably used the last machine you accessed (a few minutes before you got there)...