Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7-8-9

Well, OK -- I've resumed this foolishness. Here's something that popped into my head...

One often hears about Despots who rule with an Iron Fist, utilizing Jackbooted Thugs to keep them in power. You'd think that some enterprising shoe company, such as Hush Puppies or Buster Brown would have had the notion to combine these two elements into one very profitable item: the Iron Fisted Jackboot.
****
Last week someone told me that someone else said that I look like John Denver (that's preposterous!), and then later that week, I was walking down Van Buren with a friend, and a gaggle of (apparently) suburban youths where walking towards us; One rather chubby fellow pointed at me and exclaimed "Stephen King!!!" (seeing the others in the group were 90210ers, I assume this individual was the designated clown ). Of couse now I have visions of Jack Nicholson busting down a door with an ax to the tune of Rocky Mountain High....

2 comments:

Uta Refson said...

cool! I like that idea. Very clever!
sometimes I feel liek I could use a pair of boots like that!

Robolly said...

Thanks! -- Y'know, I think a pair or two of your shoes have found their way onto the blog in the past...